Making ganglia work

Hey hey!

Today I’m gonna say a few words about ganglia monitoring system.

First things first. I’m a newb for it. But I have managed to make it work on cluster. I went through compiling 3.1.2 version, making frontend work, installing all necessarily packages like libconfuse, rrdtools and other stuff. Everything went smoothly except graphs didn’t show! 😦 Buuut! today, after all that blood, sweat and tears 🙂 graphs finally appeared.

The problem was that I wanted to use custom directory for rrd graphs. Apparently, I did not set paths correctly. At the end I decided to make /var/lib/ganglia/rrds directory, and they showed up! YEY 🙂 Cheers!