Hey hey, here I am with a new cool thing. It is imgur album downloader.
Now, I know there are some imgur album downloaders, but I could not run the Windows version, and I did not bother with any other. I have decided to write my own imgur album downloader. There are some constraints, which are:
- it works in only two conditions (if you specify album link, containing /a/ in link, or link to group of albums, with imgur.com within link),
- there is only one page of albums thumbnails (maybe imgur displays all albums thumbnails on one page, I’m not sure),
- you have to make dir, enter the dir in console and run the script in it (then script makes dirs with albums names, and puts pictures in those dirs).
Regardless of constraints, script can be easily changed to support various links, and parsing techniques. I encourage everybody who is interested in having a nice imgur album downloader, to try and change it, so we can all benefit from it. Here is the Python 2.7 script. Sorry for no comments in code, I did it quickly, and I think that functions names are very intuitive, if that is of any help 🙂
Things that could be done:
- implement string matching through regex
- add support for galleries,
- add support for multiple pages,
- add nitty GUI (gtk or maybe PyQt).